|BASEBALL: Commish Live Draft League|
2. Entry Requirements: The cost to enter a team into the RLDL is $39.99 per team. An individual can only have one team per draft. There is no limit to the total number of teams per individual. All Internet entries must be paid for before you are allowed to enter a draft. You can pay for your entry by using the online payment option provided or by calling 888-201-3057 and giving a credit card number over the phone.If you prefer to pay by check, you may do so by sending the check to:
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who have reached legal age in their respective jurisdiction. Individuals who have not reached legal age in their respective jurisdiction can enter only with permission of a parent or legal guardian. Void where prohibited by law.
4. Roster Requirements: Each RLDL team will consist of 28 players.
There are 23 active lineup spots, which are:
- 2 Catchers
- 1 First Baseman
- 1 Second Baseman
- 1 Third Baseman
- 1 Shortstop
- 1 Corner Infielder (1B or 3B)
- 1 Middle Infielder (2B or SS)
- 5 Outfielders
- 1 Utility (any hitter)
- 9 Pitchers (any combination of starters and relievers)
The players that are not in your active lineup, will be on your reserve roster. Your reserve roster can consist of any players, regardless of position or if batter or pitcher.
There is no innings pitched minimum requirement and no minimum requirement for number of starting pitchers or relief pitchers.
Players must have played 20 games in the previous season or 10 games during the current season to qualify at a certain position. If a player didn't play at least 20 games in the majors last year, he will qualify at the position RotoWire designates as the player's primary position until he plays 10 games and qualifies at another position.
5. Draft: Your team will be assigned a draft time based on your request. If we are not able to run a draft at the time you requested, we will give you the option of selecting a different draft time, receiving a refund, or applying your entry fee towards a RotoWire subscription.
A draft order will be chosen at random and picks will serpentine at the end of each round.
MockDraftCentral's software is used for running the draft. The software runs on Adobe Flash Player.Teams will be able to pre-rank players ahead of the draft in case of technical disconnections from the draft or for team owners that need to step away during the draft. If you are not available online or do not pick a player in the allocated time, this list will be used to pick players for your team.
All picks placed through the MockDraftCentral software are final. Mistakes cannot be undone and refunds will not be given for mistakes.
Players can be drafted from the player list that is provided in the MockDraftCentral software. The player list will include players from all 30 Major League Baseball rosters and will also include minor leaguers. If a player is not listed in the system, you won't be able to draft that player.
It is your responsibility to draft enough players to fill an active lineup.6. Deadlines: The deadline to change your starting lineup is Monday of each week. You can change a player's lineup status up until the player's game begins on Monday as long as it does not violate the starting lineup rules. All roster spots for players without a game scheduled on Monday will lock at 11:59 PM PT Monday night. If your draft is after the start of the MLB regular season, you will be able to set your first lineup until 11:00 AM (PT) the day after the draft. 7. Free Agents: Starting April 1st, team owners will be able to submit requests to pick up free agents. Owners can make free agent requests, which will be reflected the following lineup period, at any point of the week until 11:59 PM (PT) on Friday. Each week, free agent pick-ups will be processed on Saturday at approximately 12:01 AM (PT). The first free agent pickups will be processed at approximately 12:01 AM (PT) on Saturday, April 2nd. Any players that are added to or dropped from a team during the free agent pick-up process will affect the following Monday's lineup. If your draft is after the start of the MLB regular season, you will be able to begin submitting free agent requests the day after your draft. The first time free agent pick-ups will be processed is at approximately 12:01 AM (PT) the following Saturday.
Free agent requests are processed in a series of rounds, just like a draft. The order is determined by reverse order of the standings. The standings that will be used are the ones that are available at the time of the free agent request deadline. During the first round of the claims process, the last-place team gets the first pick. Then, the second-to-last place team gets a pick and so forth. After the order gets to the first-place team, the order returns to the last place team and continues to process in that order until all requests are processed. You need to choose a player to be released when you pick up a free agent. This released player is available in the free agent pool the following week. Any free agent that is picked up is added to a team in a reserve status. It is the responsibility of the team owner to activate any awarded free agents.
8. Trades: There are no trades in the RLDL.
9. Prizes: At the end of the season, prizes will be awarded as follows:
2nd: Free entry for the next season's game
3rd: Free 60-day subscription to rotowire.com
4th: Free 30-day subscription to rotowire.com
In the event of a tie, league prizes are divided evenly among the teams that have tied.Roto Sports, Inc. employees are ineligible to win prizes.
10. Distribution of prizes: Winners at the end of the season are posted on the RLDL web site. Within 30 days of the end of the regular MLB season, prizes will be distributed. All cash prizes will be paid via check and will be sent to the mailing address associated with the winner's RotoWire account. To update your mailing address, click on the "Account Info" at the top of the RotoWire website while you are logged in. Players who win a free entry into next year's RLDL will have a note posted on their account and they will need to contact RotoWire next season via email or phone call letting us know which of their RLDL teams should get the free entry. Players who win a free subscription will receive the access time based on the preference originally selected upon signup at the beginning of the season (ex. tack on to current subscription, start immediately, start next baseball season).
11. Internet/Technology Problems If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Roto Sports, Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Roto Sports, Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Roto Sports, Inc. assumes no responsibility for any error, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation with transmission, communications, line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or allegation of entries. Roto Sports, Inc. is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, phone lines, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ROTO SPORTS, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Disclaimers: Roto Sports, Inc. is not responsible for any lost, mangled, misdirected, late, incomplete or damaged entries; any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Roto Sports, Inc. or any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Roto Sports, Inc. or any subsidiary or affiliated company of any of the foregoing, are not in any way responsible or liable for any damage, loss or injury (including death) resulting from participation in the Contest and/or acceptance and use of any prize won. Roto Sports, Inc. is solely responsible for enacting, administering, enforcing the rules, and maintaining the integrity of the Contest. Roto Sports, Inc. reserves the right to review and arbitrate all roster changes, including free agent acquisitions and waiver wire acquisitions, in order to uphold the integrity of the Contest and prevent collusion. The Contest and web site are not sponsored or endorsed by Major League Baseball.
13. Refund Policy: To withdraw your team and receive a full refund of your entry fee, we must receive your refund request prior to your draft time filling up and your league being created. All requests must be received in writing. Please allow 15 days to receive your refund. Refunds will not be issued for individuals who forget to show up for their draft, or are not able to log in due to technical problems on their end. We are not responsible for individuals who sign up for the wrong draft time.
14. Release: By participating in the Contest, you release and agree to hold harmless Roto Sports, Inc., its sponsors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries and losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
15. Official Rules: The Contest is subject to all United States laws, and to the Contest official rules, and cannot be used in connection with any form of gambling. By entering the Contest, you agree to abide by the terms of the official rules and by the decisions of Roto Sports, Inc., which are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest. Roto Sports, Inc. reserves the right to change the official rules at any time or cancel the contest due to insufficient number of entries at its sole discretion. If the contest is canceled, all entry fees will be refunded. Any league dispute not covered in these rules will be determined by an independent arbiter at Roto Sports, Inc. Official rules can be obtained on the Contest web site at http://www.rotowire.com/mlbdraftgame/rules.htm